We want to remind you that you are first a teacher, mentor and role model, secondly an exceptional coach.
Job Description for MENS Team Coach:
Overall job specific duties for Boys Team Coach; this is not a complete list other duty may apply
- Attend practice all days and times Boys team levels practice
- Support entire team by helping to lead warm up, spot drills, set up, clean up and engagement
- Follow set curriculum as set in place by USAG requirements and Team Director – help add to the curriculum as needed
- Write lesson plans – monthly and submit to team director o Teach routines to all athletes within your group o Responsible to train all recreational and other team staff on routine requirements o Lead monthly staff trainings for boys’ team and boys’ recreational coaches o Attend monthly team staff meetings
- Available to attend all meets and pre-season meets; help coordinate and arrange meets o Arrive prepared and ready for the day
- Attend a minimum of 1 clinic yearly to stay current on JO changes and skill updates o Maintain Current USAG, background, safety and CPR, safe sport certifications o Minimum 1-year team commitment to the NCGA Boys Team Program o Maintain and help to grow boys’ recreational program and team program o Run team try outs each year; coordinate with team director
- Administrative tasks associated with boys’ team; new inquiries, parent feedback, athlete evaluations, Meet entries
Additional daytime coaching:
- Morning and afternoon recreational classes and pre-team
- Open gyms
- Skill clinics
As a NCGA coach we embody the following:
- Team Player
- Collaboration of ideas with other team coaches
- Open and willing to learn and support new ideas
- Prepared and eager to learn more
- Respectful, dedicated and organized
Meets and meet season
- Available for all pre-season and in season meets on weekends, or thurs-sun. Able to provide your own transportation to and from meets.
- Help coordinate and run all NCGA meets
Annual review and wage:
- Wage is based on your experience and knowledge and ability to coach and mentor athletes, this is determined individually. Staff are reviewed annually.
- Starting Wage TBD $18-28/hr. Estimated hours: 32-40 hours a week, final amount TBD
- Benefits: sick time accrual, 5 days paid vacation, plus 5 days built in paid time off when gym is closed for Christmas. Medical stipend available for full time employees.
- 90-day probationary period, employment may be terminated by either party if the position is not a good fit.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com